Rules and conditions of Participation
The implementation and participation in Light of Life Award are governed by the following provisions.
Participants should submit their entries ahead of the deadline.
- Light of Life Award will officially start as from October 1st, 2018 and end on December 31, 2018. The closing date is December 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm GMT (Paris time – France). The electronic submission of photos will provide a timestamp which will be used to validate each entries submitted before the deadline for participation in the Light of Life Award.
- All entries must mandatorily be received before the end of the deadline. Otherwise they will be taken into account for the next award edition.
- Light of Life Award offers 3 Awards sessions each year.
- The participant will have to ensure the validity of his or her e-mail address.
LIGHT OF LIFE AWARD 2018 is open to photographers specialized in the following categories: newborn, pregnancy, baby, child and family, professional or amateur. Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Pregnancy Photography Category
- Newborn Photography Category (from baby’s birth up to 1 month of age)
- Baby Photography Category (from 1 month to 1 year of age)
- Children Photography Category (one year of age and over)
- Siblings Photography Category
- Family Photography Category
Each participant can submit their photos using the online form available on the website www.lightoflifeaward.com. Photos will have to be submitted in JPEG format and the mandatory details of the online form must be completed for the entry to be valid. Participants must have read and accepted the conditions of participation.
- The entry form is available at https://www.lightoflifeaward.com/fr/submit/.
- Select the number of photos that you wish to send to the LIGHT Of LIFE AWARD 2018. Before uploading the photos, the participant should ensure that each photo is labelled as follows: Category-name_Your-photo-name_your-name.jpg. If the participant does not abide to this rule, his or her entry will not be validated nor refunded.
The categories mentioned (category-name) should be one of the following: pregnancy – newborn – baby – child – siblings – family
- Pay for your participation based on the number of photos submitted, either via PayPal or Stripe.
- After the receipt of payment and submission of photos, your participation in LIGHT Of LIFE AWARD 2018 will be officially validated. You will receive a confirmation email of your participation from us.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participation in LIGHT Of LIFE AWARD 2018 is only possible via registration at https://www.lightoflifeaward.com/submit/. Any submission made in another way will be declared void, and will not be taken into account.
Any photo submitted via the online form shall be available for viewing once published on https://www.lightoflifeaward.com according to the terms and conditions governing this present competition.
The photos submitted to this contest will be stored on the servers belonging to Light of Life Award – Emilie Castelain Photography. Photos that are not retained in this photo contest will then be deleted from the servers.
The winners will be contacted by e-mail from LIGHT of LIFE AWARD 2018 and will be featured with their company name, their website, and their country of residence, on https://www.lightoflifeaward.com.
- Please note that it is mandatory to have the written consent from the persons appearing on the photos (or the parents if the model is a minor) before participating in this contest.
- It is strictly forbidden to use edited backgrounds. It is possible to make a composite image, but you must be responsible for 100% of the creation of the image.
- You must be the author of the photos to participate in LIGHT of LIFE AWARD 2018.
- The photos submitted should not have been taken during the course of a training/workshop.
- There is no limit on the number of photo submission to be made in order to participate in the LIGHT of LIFE AWARD 2018.
- Images should be uploaded in JPEG format of size 1920 x 1280 pixels for a landscape format,1280 x 1920 px for a portrait format, or 1200 x 1200 px for a square format. The maximum file size is 2MB.
- You can upload 1, 3, 5 or 8 image files. Each entry will be made via the registration form, by uploading the photos and settling the participation fee.
- The participant will have to ensure that he has all the rights to the photos submitted, as well as the right to use the photos.
- Photos submitted must not be of obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit or offensive nature or hold any inappropriate content. Photos considered as inappropriate will be disqualified.
EVALUATION OF THE PHOTOS SUBMITTED
The jury will evaluate the photos received and their adherence to the technical standards according to the following criteria:
- Image originality
- Quality of the photo staging
- The technic
The winners will be announced a few days after the closing of the contest:
- In the winners’ gallery at lightoflifeaward.com
- On the LIGHT of LIFE AWARD Facebook page
- On the LIGHT of LIFE AWARD Instagram page
The contest is made up of 6 categories: pregnancy – newborn – baby – child – siblings – family. Each category will reward the 3 winners (with the Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards).
EXCLUSION FROM THE LIGHT OF LIFE AWARD 2018
In case of violation of the conditions set out in this regulation (submissions of images which the photographer does not have the rights, the written permission of the models, if the photos are obscene or pornographic in nature, if the photos are not from the author, etc.), Light Of Life Award 2018 reserves the right to exclude any person causing the infringement from the Light Of Life Award 2018. It also excludes people who make use of unauthorised tools or who otherwise benefit from any photo manipulation. In such cases, profits can also be recognized and subsequently recovered. It is also prohibited to submit false personal information.
As part of the promotion of the photo LIGHT OF LIFE AWARD Competition – the personal information of the participants can be communicated to third parties (journalists, websites, etc.).
If you do not wish to have your contact information made public, you should refrain from participating in the contest.